Lake Tahoe 2019 – RSVP August 31, 2019
This is a family ride, approximately 35-40 miles and 1,000 feet of elevation per day. No charge for club members. Includes camping, breakfast deli lunch, and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday. Includes sag to carry camping gear, aching toes, tires, and extra clothes. The cost for non-club members is $50 per person, with no charge for children under 12 years of age. Automobiles are left, and returned to the camping site on the California side of Lake Tahoe. We cycle to the Nevada side on Saturday and spend the night at Zephyr Cove Resort.
There are optional rides for Saturday that include more miles, more elevation, or mountain biking. Optional rides include:
1. Highway 89 North to Truckee, then old Highway 40 alongside Donner Lake up to Donner Summit, then descend; or depart Truckee via Highway 267 over Northstar, down into Kings Beach, then continue around the Lake – adds approximately 45+ miles and 3,000 feet of elevation.
2. Flume Trail from Spooner Summit – breathtaking mountain bike ride, strenuous, lots of uphill
3. Tahoe Rim Trail- Ridge top trails gained from various launching points around the Lake, mountain bike or cyclecross, beautiful views.
4. Create your own route and invite others to join
Sunday after breakfast at Zephyr Cove Resort Restaurant, we cycle back to our vehicles on the California side of Lake Tahoe for departure. Options for Sunday include:
1. Kayak rental in Incline Village
2. Sightseeing at Emerald Bay, or take a paddlewheeler from South Shore 3
3. Rock climbing at the Pie Shop or 90 Foot Wall
For more information contact Doug Pettie at email@example.com or 415-747-6965
RSVP August 31, 2019